Seventeenth Week - Focus 52 - April Shower, May Flowers

The theme this week for Focus 52 was April Showers bring May Flowers. I couldn't put many pictures up because of the limits - next week I'm off on a student trip very early Sunday morning so I can't post with good timing so I'm just working with what I have.

Anyway, anyway, anyway. Enough on that. The theme.

I thought about what it could mean and I could come up with two major definitions and one literal meaning. Gotta love that English degree.

The first was that hard work pays off - putting up with unpleasant things and then you have beauty. And so ....

Self Portrait Saturday: I sometimes feel like this squirrel (274)

Store your acorns, save up and eventually you're chubby and can survive. Save up for winter, put up with the hibernation times and then you'll get a chance to eat as many acorns as you stored. Put up with the hard times of storing and starving and then you have a beautiful spring to run around and be a charming lithe squirrel. Right now, I'm the chubby one. Here's hoping I make it to spring and become the lithe squirrel I was meant to be :)

I also thought of the literal - it's Spring. Flowers are springing up, trees are beginning to bloom, grass is getting green. Here in NL things are show in this process but they're happening. And so:

Flowers and trees

Flowers. Beginning to bloom. Found during a walk around a pond. We can do that now - the snow is just about gone!

And finally, the final meaning I thought of - put in the hard work in the beginning and then it pays off. My son, my now seven year old son, reading:

Reading Child (269)

Instilling in him a love a reading at a young age means that he will hopefully become an adult with a love of reading.

Ok, some of these were stretching it a bit. Fun theme, busy week.

Work of everyone else here

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I love your take on this! Great post - and congrats on your son reading. All three of mine love to read and I'm soooo grateful!